You are here
Mini Guide to Perissa and Perivolos areas, in Santorini.
- 11892 reads
Accommodation, Delicious Food, Paradise Beaches
Your rating: None
Where to stay?
- You will find many hotels, apartments and camping in Perissa and Perivolos which are usually fully booked from the mid-June till the first days of October. The best thing you can do is make a research during the winter and choose your favorite one. Then book it early!
- I suggest a very good, clean and budget hotel with swimming pool, only 10 minutes on foot from the sea, called Studios Apartments Perivolos. The good thing about it is that you feel like a family and you can make your breakfast in your room and then enjoy it next to the hotel's pool. Nice, ha?
The best beach.
- Perissa beach is well-known as the Black beach. It is awarded with the blue flag and it is ideal for water sports. One of the most beautiful beaches of the island with extreme scenery and deep, clear waters.
- On the 7 km of this long beach you can find whatever you wish. Shops, beach bars, taverns on the sand where you can enjoy your lunch or dinner while having for feet dived in the black and warm sand.
- I suggest Bar Santorini Bistro Ostrako for the perfect coffee, or snack or cocktail. The sunbeds are free and the people are always very polite, ready to serve you best with the most delicious tastes.
Food, yammy yammy.
- You MUST try the local delicacies like the world famous tomato of Santorini. Its deep red and very aromatic, the king of the local cuisine usually accompanied with dried bread, cucumber, capper and goat cheese. Also try the local Fava, the homemade on is always better and the exceptionally sweet white aubergine.
- A very tasty idea is the local "brandada", fresh fillet of cod accompanied with garlic sause and aubergine, or fish pie (atherina fish) or savori fish fried with garlic and vinegar.
- I suggest the tradtional family tavern of Mr Spyros in Perivolos, the best place to taste the above mezze handmade by Mr. Spyros and freshly baked homemade food by Mrs Margarita, on of the best female cooks of the island.
- Another good and cheap option for foor is Filippas tavern which is located on the beach of Perivolos and serves mediterranean cuisine and fresh fish.
Should visit this place.
- The church of Panagia Katefiani built on the hill of the mountain somewhere on the 200m. To get there you take a small path from Ancient Thira and you can walk or take a donkey. The church celebrates on the 8th of September.
- While getting at the church you will have the amazing opportunity to enjoy the view to the Ancient Thira, the Church of Timios Stavros and Perissa. A great view that lives no one untouched.
This place is so blessed thats feels your heart with impecable joy and awe. The variety of the scenery and the gastronomy will take you to a journey with no return. That is the reason when you visit you never want to leave.
leave a comment