You are here
Santorini beaches - The best choices for an Alternatriper.
- 10107 reads
I may not be a local resident of Santorini and sometimes overlook some very important beaches that can only be reached by boat but at least I had the opportunity to have Maria's valuable guidance, the semi-local cousin of my mom's, which is passionate about the sea. Maria took me everywhere and eventually I ended up with my favorite.
- Firstly, we have the Columbo, this lovely beach, nudist retreat and beyond. For relaxing, carefree moments there isn't any better.
- Secondly, and very important, is the beach of Vlychada, and specifically the bay called "Eros". There you will find an amazing beach bar with great views called "Theros" for cocktails and magnificent photos, but if you are not the type of person who hangs out at beach bars, you can chill out a few meters away and gaze at the incredible white formations that have taken the giant rocks of Vlychada. Unique experience!
- Amoudi is for divers and fans of the rocks. The water is crystal clear to dive and after that, drying over the black rocks. If you are the adventurous type, you will see the rock with a chapel on it, on the oppisite side and from there you can make spectacular dives. You may find others screaming while diving.
- The beach Caldera, so called because it is located inside the caldera and overlooks Fira, Oia, Firostefani and the islands of Santorini. I loved the soft brown sand and the fantastic and colorful stones I collected for my collection. On the rocks all around, you will find awesome caper to pick up if you want to get an edible souvenir with you.
- The Red Beach, really beautiful, red, fiery but also very touristy. I would suggest a visit on a period that is not very crowded or you can get up there with a catamaran excursion.
On Top 1 position of my heart is by far the bay of Eros, Vlychada. With a small difference comes Amoudi. But you know, opinions are always subjective!
About the Author
Hey i am Athena and this is my slogan “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag. I am the creator of Alternatrips.gr, a Greece Travel Guide made by locals. Together with nearly 100 local-ambassadors we are trying to make up a guide with the best places you can visit in Greece. Follow us and enjoy!
leave a comment